AAR – March on Washington 9/12/09
September 13, 2009 in AARs
Tags: 912 Group, Barack Obama, Cap and Trade, Cash for Clunkers, Czars, Gathering of Eagles, Healthcare, National Tea Party. March on Washington, Obamacare, Patriots, Pelosi, Pennsylvania Avenue, Reid, Socialism, Tea Party
Outstanding! Awesome! Beyond My Wildest Expectations!
Only three things marred the day.
- One of our ladies was arrested Friday night (no she was not filming yet another ACORN expose) and we spent all of Saturday in court trying to get her released. It was 7pm before that happened and the march was over. Luckily the court was only two blocks from Pennsylvania Avenue so we were able to take walks down during the delays to take pictures and video. This incident will be the subject of a future posting.
- Someone in DC government issued a permit for a marathon to be run in streets adjoining Freedom Square. I guess they never thought that the number of Americans who could possibly object to our government’s ‘March To Socialism’ would ever exceed the square’s capacity! Epic Fail! When irate marathon organizers tried to get folks arrested for crossing the street they stepped beyond the limits of decorum. Blame Government, Not Conservatives!
- The mainstream media followed the lead of the Associated Press and reported thousands and thirty thousand as the number of marchers. The above photo is from AP itself and puts the lie to their own crowd estimate. I understand the DC Metropolitan Police estimated the size at 2.2 million. They reportedly shut the Metro and closed interstate exits into the city due to the congestion. Associated Press Lies!
I got a call from my brother who reached Freedom Plaza about 9am. The Plaza was full to overflowing and people were backing up on all the side streets around. I began to see that as we passed on our way to court. The Plaza, Pennsylvania Ave and E Street were jammed full of people.
The crowd was alread spilling into 14th Street and the situation on 13th was much worse!
Some boob in whatever department issues permits in Washington had issued a permit for a marathon on E Street and 13th Street for the exact same time as the Tea Party rally and march!
The marathon organizers were livid that mere common American citizens were spilling over into their sacrosanct venue. They were busy trying to get police to arrest anyone that stepped foot into the street! Unfortunately that was the only way many people coming to the rally could go! If the Metropolitan Police had tried to enforce even a little of what the marathon organizers wanted they would have had to arrest thousands and the epic riot that would have ensued would have been one for the history books!
My brother called me about 9:30 to say that the police were no longer able to handle the size of the crowd and that the march was beginning an hour and a half early to help clear the square!
Jim sent this photo from the Marriot Hotel looking down on Freedom Plaza about this time:
And they Marched!
They came by state, town, large groups and small. Individuals, couples and families. Americans, Russian immigrants, Cuban exiles it made no difference. They all had one overarching theme:
We happened to be standing in front of this building, the Newseum, whose inscription of the first amendment fired up the crowd as they marched past:
Here is a taste of what the march was like!
The March lasted for over two and a half hours from curb to curb along Pennsylvania Avenue!
Our friends at Numag put together a great overall video:
An Excellent Analysis of the size of the March is here:
Here’s One, the CNN bus fiasco! Hiding the crowd by filming from the other side of the bus!
And now, for some comic relief!
Here is the Organizing for America response on 9/13 when they ‘organized’ their March on Washington!
I’ll give them a break and guess that they may have had 200 moonbats present. They speed up the video of the group walking around the cricular fountain in a futile attempt to make it seem more impressive! The same people appear three or four times! Epic Fail!
- 911 2011 Ten Years After
- U.S. Army Vet Bob Turner leading charge to take Weiner seat in Congress!
- Action Alert: West Point Graduation 2011
- AAR: USMC Sgt Eddie Ryan Retirement
- Climategate: The Most Important Video You Will See
- Allen West at Capitol Tea Party Rally
- Bill Ayers claims again that he wrote Barack Obama’s book
- Allen West on Presidency, CAIR and even a dig at Anthony Weiner!
- David Bellavia: Iraq War Hero Marching Toward Victory
- Ongoing Desecration of War Memorials in Wisconsin
- The Genius of Moonbats?
- Bellavia Brigade on the Ground
- Gary Berntsen Comes Out Swinging For Bellavia in NY 26
- Westboro Cult Not Welcome in Nassau County
- New Video of 9/11 from Police Helicopter
- 276,174 hits
- September 2011
- August 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008
- March 2008
- February 2008
- January 2008
- December 2007
- November 2007
- October 2007
- September 2007
- August 2007
- July 2007
- June 2007